Today I’m turning 29 and lately I’ve been thinking about what I’d like to achieve in the next year before the big 3-0. My friend Naomi actually got me thinking about this as she was the one who first mentioned her pre-30 bucket-list, but I’ve seen a few other bloggers post similar lists, most notably Shooting Stars Mag. 30 does sound a bit scary and it’s sobering to realise I’m probably about a third of the way through my life already. But ageing is certainly not the end of the world as the media would have us believe and I’m not the kind of person who gets hung up on that kind of thing. As I get older I feel like I’m leaving more and more of my insecurities in the past and growing much closer to the person I want to be.
So here is my list of 30 things that I would like to do before I turn 30, in no particular order. Some are big personal achievements, others are just silly or fun things that I want to make time for. It will be fun trying to work through them and crossing as many off as I can in the next year!
- Completely finish my first novel (my Crossover project).
- Go to a writers’ event like a retreat, workshop or meet-up.
- Go on holiday abroad and soak up the sun (with plenty of suncream of course).
- Learn to drive and pass my test.
- Go to another convention (Star Trek, comic book, etc.)
- See Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in London.
- Try a fitness class I’ve never done before, like spinning or Boogie Bounce.
- See a West End musical I haven’t seen (such as Aladdin or Les Miserables) either in London or through National Theatre Live.
- Take an art class.
- Have the whole house redecorated.
- Reach and stay at a healthy weight.
- Take my family to the kinema in the woods.
- Raise money for charity by doing a colour dash or similar fun run.
- Host a themed dinner party for my friends.
- Take my Grandad to a big band concert or musical.
- Have a big declutter, donating and selling lots of things I don’t use.
- Go horseriding again.
- Take my daughter to a water park.
- Write at least 12 poems.
- Go to a trampoline park.
- Go for a walk and a picnic at Hubbard’s Hills with my family.
- Learn at least 5 new recipes.
- Go ice skating again.
- Take my Grandma for a day out.
- Learn some basic Greek words and phrases so I could order food, etc.
- Taste a food dish I’ve never tried before.
- Get a small tattoo of something with symbolic meaning to me (I have a few ideas).
- Have a girls night out with my friends and stay over.
- Give blood.
- Learn to practice mindfulness.
Before you go…
What are some things you’d like to do before your next big birthday?