I’m going to be very busy improving my blog over the next couple of weeks as both the Summer Mini Bloggiesta 2018 and a Mini Blog Ahead are starting tomorrow! Below are more details about each challenge and my list of goals.
Summer Mini Bloggiesta
Bloggiesta is back for a mini event on 22nd-24th June. It’s a blogfest designed to help you improve your blog and tackle the things you normally put off or don’t have time for. The mini Bloggiesta is a more basic version of the main challenge and involves some everyday blog maintenance, admin and preparation. You can find some ideas for a basic to-do list here. You could also have a look at some of the past Mini Challenges for inspiration.
If you’d like to take part, simply post your ‘to do’ list and link it up.
This time there will be three twitter parties all hosted by Michelle (@Limbean74) and Berls (@BerlsS). Just follow the hashtag #Bloggiesta to join up.
- Friday, June 22 at 7 pm EST (11 pm GMT)
- Saturday, June 23 at 12 pm EST (4 pm GMT)
- Sunday, June 24th at 4 pm EST (1 pm GMT)
My To-do List
Visit and comment on other participants’ blogs
- Update reading challenges
- Catch up with ‘read later’ blog posts on Feedly
Catch up with replying to comments Catch up with return visits to other blogs Update plugins Back up my blog!
- Join one of the Twitter parties (missed-I didn’t have time!)
Mini Blog Ahead
Blog Ahead is all about trying to get ahead with your blog posts so that you have plenty of posts scheduled in advance. This is a really good challenge for me because I’m normally writing my posts the day before (or sometimes on the actual day) that they are due, which is a little stressful! I definitely want to get a bit of a lead so I can concentrate on my writing and know that my blog is still taken care of even if ‘life’ happens.
The goal for this Mini Blog Ahead is to have 15 extra posts scheduled by the time the challenge ends. So, if you’re starting on day 1 with no scheduled posts like I am, the goal is 15. If you’re starting at 5, your goal will be 20.
You can find out more about the challenge and sign up here.
- Visit and comment on other participant’s blogs
- Write and publish at least 8 posts between 22nd June-6th July (these don’t count towards the challenge)
- Have 15 posts scheduled by the end of Friday 6th July. These can include any of the following:
- Monthly Wrap-Up: June 2018 (7th July)
- Book Blogger Hop: Desert Island Book (7th July)
- The Sunday Post (8th July)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Throwback Topic (10th July)
- On my Wishlist (14th July)
- Book Blogger Hop: Cluttered Blogs (14th July)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Novellas/Short-Stories (17th July)
- Book Blogger Hop: Proudest Blogging Achievement (21st July)
- What’s on Your Nightstand? (24th July)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books with Sensory Reading Memories (24th July)
- We are the World Blogfest (27th July)
- Book Blogger Hop: Displaying Your Name (28th July)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Books that Lived up to the Hype (31st July)
- Insecure Writers Support Group (1st Aug)
- Book review 1 (TBC)
- Book review 2 (TBC)
- Creative writing post (TBC)
- Art & craft post (TBC)
- Discussion post (TBC)
Before you go…
Are you joining in with Bloggiesta or Blog Ahead? Share your sign-up post in the comments and I’ll pay you a visit!