“Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop’s purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.”
Question of the Week: How many book clubs do you belong to?
If you do belong to an in-person book club, do you have meetings in the day or evening? Do you meet at someone’s house or meet at a local restaurant or coffee house?
- I’m a mood reader. I don’t really have a system, I just like to pick whatever book from my TBR that I fancy at that moment. So I don’t think I would end up reading the required book.
- I don’t have a lot of money for buying books and my library doesn’t tend to stock newer releases. I get most of my books for free or very cheaply on Kindle and also as gifts. I can’t really justify buying a new book each month unless I know it’s one I’m going to like!
- I’m not sure I would commit to attending it every month. As an introvert, I usually prefer staying at home in my pyjamas rather than going out and socialising, especially now I have a 2-year-old to look after.
- Even if I went to the book club…what would I say? I’m quite chatty online, but not so much in real life!
- Being part of the online book blogging community is like being part of a book club for me! We get to chat about our favourite reads, share reviews and recommendations, without the pressure of reading a set book each month. So, I don’t really feel the need to be part of a real book club.