Today I’m taking part in a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. Although the meme is weekly, I only take part once a month as I don’t buy new books that regularly (you should see my huge TBR pile).
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing any new books you are adding to your shelves, whether physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks!
If you’d like to take part, simply visit the launch page for all the details, write your post and then submit your link to Tynga’s latest post.
My New Books
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth– This was a Christmas present that I was very excited to get my hands on as I’m a big fan of Veronica Roth.
- Beyond the Sea by Melissa Bailey-This was also a Christmas present. I hadn’t heard of it before but the synopsis sounds intriguing.
Harry Potter Companions
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Illustrated Edition) by J K Rowling– Another Christmas gift, I wanted this as soon as it was advertised because of the beautiful illustrations!
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through a History of Magic by The British Library-Yet another Christmas gift that will keep me very busy!
- The INFJ Writer by Lauren Sapala-I bought this at the end of December after seeing a recommendation on another blog. Being an INFJ myself, I thought it might be interesting to look at writing styles and habits that were specifically linked to my personality. I think there will be much to learn from it.
- Creative Writing Journal by Eva Glettner-This was gifted to me by my husband a couple of weeks ago. He saw that I’m getting creative again and wanted to encourage me. It’s full of very strange and ‘out there’ writing prompts that really force you to think outside the box!
- The Universe Next Door by New Scientist-I bought this for myself last week when I spotted it in The Works. I thought it might be a useful reference for writing my WiP, which is a science-fiction novel.
None this month. Probably just as well, since I have a huge backlog of books on my Kindle.
Before you go…
Have you read any of these titles? What new books have you added to your shelves lately? Feel free to share the link to your Stacking the Shelves post in the comments and I will be sure to visit you!