The final mini challenge of the 2014 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon
is to nominate your favourite bloggers for awards, in the style of the Grammy’s or Oscars. I’ve always loved these type of posts as I enjoy highlighting blogs that I think deserve attention as well as discovering some new blogs to visit.
This was a really hard challenge as there are so many fantastic blogs that I visit daily that deserve an award, but I had to narrow it down to mentioning 3-5 blogs per category.
Anyway, without further ado, I would like to announce my nominations for The Love-a-Thon Awards!
Best Blog Design
This was a tricky one as there are so many amazing blog designs out there. The ones that particularly stand out for me, though, are:
2) Pop Goes the Reader
-I love the colours and all the cute vector images that Jen uses for each post.
Best Weekly Feature
1) Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish-every week there is a different top ten list to compile and you can see the topics months in advance so you can schedule your posts easily. The topics are always creative and really get you thinking about the books you read and review.
2) Cover Characteristic hosted by Sugar and Snark-a meme dedicated to our favourite book covers, with a different theme each week. Going on a scavenger hunt to find covers featuring a certain object is a lot of fun.
3) Celebrate the Small Things hosted by Scribblings of an Aspiring Author-this meme is a great opportunity to reflect on all you’ve achieved in the past week and be grateful for the little successes.
Runners up: The Healthy Writer’s Club hosted by Shalee McArthur, Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, Waiting on Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine.
Best Discussion Posts
1) Roland D. Yeomans-although his popular blog receives a lot of attention, Roland is down-to-earth and friendly and always takes the time to visit and comment on other blogs.
2) Brooke from Paper Mountain–
always offers insightful comments and constructive criticism. She’s also an amazing writer.
Most Helpful Reviews
Favourite Author Blog
2) Gennifer Albin–
insightful and inspiring posts about writing and not afraid to broach controversial topics.
Runners up: Jessica Bell (plenty of interesting guest posts and discussions), Kiersten White (cute and hilarious) and Steph Bowe (a thoughtful and mature writer for her age).
Which bloggers would you give an award to?