Hi everybody, hope you’re all having a well-deserved rest and that you enjoyed Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it). Today it’s time to recommend some fun and useful links, blogs and resources that I’ve stumbled upon during the week.
- This advice on plotting a novel from Jessa Slade has been really helpful this week.
- Springhole.net offers a ton of fun resources to help with your creative writing, including character name generators, goal and motivation generators, super power generators and lots more!
- The Indie Exchange gives great advice about how to Research Your Novel.
- Check out the ‘How I Write’ feature over at A Book and a Latte to hear about the writing processes of other authors.
- I’m thinking of joining Write Club. It looks like good, clean fun. Even if you don’t join in you can get a dose of inspiration from reading the entries.
- Enter the HarperCollins Bookish Countdown to Christmas Competition for a chance to win a collection of twenty-five wrapped holiday picture books.
- Don’t forget to vote in the final round of the 2012 Goodreads Choice Awards (closes 27th Nov).
- Story Crush lists their ‘Debuts We’re Thankful For‘. Do you agree with their picks?
- Publisher’s Weekly lists the best new books for next week here.
- Be sure to take part in the Crush Book Tour– there’s a kindle fire and some ebooks up for grabs.
- Have a look at HarperCollins’ 100 Essential Reads.
- There are lots of free books up for grabs on the Grattitude Giveaway Hop (ends Nov 25th).
- I saw Twilight Breaking Dawn at the cinema the other night, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The ending was certainly unexpected, and there is plenty of action. Well worth a watch.
- Xpresso Reads introduces next week’s new releases!
- Geekchic Cosmetics is a great company that sells gorgeous shimmery eyeshadows based on fantasy and sci-fi series! I love all the colours, especially ‘Everybody Lies’.
- Check out these pics of Disney Princesses as Punk Rock Heroines.
- If you haven’t seen the Bad Lip Reading films of the Hunger Games and Twilight, check them out here, they are so funny!