Today is the twelfth day of the A-Z Blogging Challenge. As you probably know by now, I’m doing an A-Z of human emotions, feelings and mental states.Today is the letter L and I’m writing about Love-arguably the greatest emotion of them all.
Love comes in many forms: fondness, sexual attraction, friendship, familial love, adoration, infatuation, ‘true love’ and agape (the kind of love which expects nothing in return eg. love of God or charity). It’s not always a positive emotion-sometimes it can be destructive, for instance when our love is unrequited or we love someone that always hurts us. However, ultimately love is what makes the world go round. Love gives our lives meaning and shapes our personalities. Without love the world would be a very dark and hollow place.
What does love mean to me?
- Putting someone elses’s needs before your own.
- Truly knowing someone and accepting everything about them, both good and bad.
- Wanting to spend time with that person and share your life with them.
- Giving up things to be with them.
- Feeling lucky that they are a part of your life.
- Wanting them to be happy, even if that means they’re with someone else.
- Celebrating the differences between your personalities.
- Seeing in them qualities that you admire and respect and strive towards yourself.
- Feeling truly at home with them-being able to show your true self around them without putting on a front and knowing that they won’t judge you for who you are eg. when you wake up in the morning with bed hair, no makeup and morning breath.
- Sharing similar passions, goals and life values.
- Feeling like they are your family and you belong with them.
- Feeling like you were made for each other; that your personality traits compliment each other.
- Wanting that person to succeed and encouraging them in all they do.
- Looking past someone’s physical appearance to see their true beauty.
- Feeling that that person is the most important thing in the universe.
- Getting goosebumps or butterflies in your tummy before you see them.
- Knowing that you’d never be the same without that person in your life.
- Building happy memories together.
What does love mean to you?