Out of the blue today I discovered that two fellow bloggers had bestowed upon me some fabulous awards! This may not be the Oscars but I’m pretty thrilled as it’s the first time I’ve got an award for my humble blog.
This one was from Brooke over at Paper Mountain:
Brooke and I have been online writing buddies for a while. She is a really creative person and I really admire the way she comes up with such unique ideas for her stories and poetry and the way that she works so hard to get her writing and editing done. She has a lot more dicipline and ambition than most people twice her age. I won’t be in the least bit suprised if one day I wander into a book store and pick up a fantasy novel with her name on the cover. If you aren’t following her blog already…what are you waiting for?
Okay, so now onto the 7 things about myself that you’re all dying to know. Just to warn you, this is probably going to get very random.
1) I never knew the meaning of my name (Anstice) until last year. Apparently it means ‘the resurrection’ or ‘one who will rise again’. Coincidentally I had been going by the name of Phoenix online for years, and I was very happy when I found out the two names ‘matched’. However, most people call me by my nickname Tizzy, which has the much less glamorous meaning of ‘a state of confusion or nervous excitement: a dither’. Thanks a bunch, Mum.
2) I once tried to learn to speak Klingon. I still remember a few choice phrases such as “Heghlu’meH QaQ jajvam” (it is a good day to die).
3) When I was a kid I looked like Charlie Bucket and when I grew up I wanted to be a boy. Luckily I grew out of that ambition!
4) I have cravings for odd foods all the time. I especially like pickled onions on toast. YUM.
5) My favourite colour is sea green.
6) I love cheesy old musical films like The Sound of Music, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Singin’ in the Rain. They just don’t make ’em like they used to!
7) Seven is my lucky number. I know it’s a lot of people’s favourite number but I’m convinced it really does bring me luck and seems to follow me around so often. There are seven letters in my first name (Anstice), seven syllablles in my full name (Anstice Victoria Potts) and I was born in the seventh month (July) on the seventh day of the week (Sunday). I found out my partner liked me in July too, and when I was at High School I was in a group of seven friends. Never underestimate the power of seven!
Now I’m going to pass on the versatile blogger award to the bloggers I think show the most variety in their posts. And they are:
Summer at And This Time Concentrate
Colene at The Journey
Tahereh at Grab a Pen
Jessica at The Alliterative Allomorph
Jen at Unedited
Jennie at Garden Full of Lily
Christina at Write-Brained
Amelia at 101 Bird Tales
This award was from Brooke and also from Lindz at Rapturous Randomicity:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 or so recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
I didn’t know about Lindz’s blog before, it seems that like me she is pretty new to the whole blogging scene. Her blog is a diverse mix of art and writing and is well worth following.
So now here’s seven more facts about myself:
1) I love all animals, but especially wild cats like lions, tigers, jaguars and leopards. I could stare at a picture of any one of those cats for hours- there’s just something so beautiful about their faces!
2) One of the proudest moments in my life was when I played Jenny Enny Dots in the musical cats at my local theatre.
3) Frequently up mix I words my that so knows nobody what trying am I to say.
4) I often randomly burst into song like Mary Poppins.
5) I can cook things in two styles-burnt black or salmonella. There is no inbetween.
6) I’m 21 and I still can’t drive because I hate being practical.
7) I frequently talk nonsense in my sleep, but worse still I quite frighten my partner to death by suddenyl screaming or shouting in the middle of the night for no reason.
And now to pass it on to more deserving bloggers. For this one I’ve gone for the bloggers that I think have the most appealing writing style.
Jessica at Black Feathers
Anjelica at Glitter Deers
Thea at Mermaidism
Cathy at Nevering
Eliza at Restless Hearts
Sarah at She Would Have Liked Wings
Elly at Storybook Endings
Mazbird at The Little Letterbox Girl
Diana at The Storyteller’s Diary
The Wendy Bird
Vera at Thoughts for Birds
Joanna at Unanchored Spirits
Thank you very much to both Brooke and Lindz. It was a lovely suprise to see these awards when I logged on today after work- it really brightened my spirits!